Welcome to the course is on building Enterprise Grade Infrastructure using Hashicorp tools - Terraform and Packer.
This course is build on latest Terraform Version : 0.11.8 and AWS Provider Version : v1.39.0.
I will keep on updating this course as new features of Terraform and Packer are released .
You can also use this course as an Terraform Automation Reference material . If you know the basics of Terraform then feel free to directly jump to the relevant section . I will also push and update code to GitHub for your ready reference .
Terraform supports 100+ Providers so it's easy to support multiple cloud providers using same IaC ( Infrastructure as Code ) tool.
We will be mainly covering AWS provider to start with .
About this Course:
- Terraform Basic - Introduction, Syntax, Interpolation etc.
- Terraform CLI - Console, Graph, format.
- Building AWS Infrastructure - Getting Started
- Building AWS Infrastructure — S3 , EC2 ,VPC etc.
- Using TFVAR Files to maintain multiple AWS Environments.
- Scaling Terraform Resources using Count Parameters and ELB.
- Terraform Remote States.
- Building Architectural Components using Terraform - AWS ELB.
- Terraform Modules.
- Creating a Custom VPC using Terraform Modules.
- Introduction to Packer.
- Using Terraform and Packer together for automation.
- Automating Security and Service Discovery using Terraform - Hashicorp Vault and Consul Clusters.
- Automate Kubernetes (EKS ) Cluster using Terraform .
- Automation Mindset - Using Shell Scripts , AWS CLI , Packer and Terraform altogether.
- Basic Knowledge of AWS Cloud is expected, I will cover core AWS concepts as we dig deep into Automation.
- Familiarity with Unix Command Line is expected .