Get started using Audacity - even if you've never used the software before! We'll start by walking you through how to download and install the program, move on to the layout and functions of the software, then move into some of the most essential and basic functions of this powerful audio editing tool.
This course is for:
- Those who want to learn the basics of audio editing
- Those who want to start a podcast but don't know how to record or edit audio
- Those who need to learn the basics of good audio editing technique - and how to do it
- Anyone who wants to master the skills needed to eventually become an audio editor
Hi, Carey here…
I'm not one to mince words. I think you'll see that in this video. It introduces you to the course ahead, challenging you to get your mind right and your attitude determined so you can truly MASTER the Audacity software. Take a bit to listen to this, then set your mind and get busy!
This video assumes you do not have Audacity on your computer already. You'll walk through the step by step process of finding Audacity on the internet, downloading it, and installing it for the type of computer system you are using.
This session will show you how to record sounds using a microphone, how to import music into the program, how to play those audio files, how to save the project, and how to export the project into a mp3 file for use in other programs and applications.
In this video I give you an assignment. If you need music to use, I have included a file you can download and import into Audacity.
- Own a Windows or Mac computer with plenty of disk space and processor capacity
- Nothing else - I'll walk you through it from step one!