We are the World’s number one provider of Arts Therapy Courses, with more than 180,000 students in 192 countries.
Therapeutic Art: Online Therapeutic Art Course - Arts Therapy For Self Exploration and Healing
Art Therapy is an area that is being used in many different settings. This is the first in the series of my Therapeutic Art / Arts Therapy courses, and can be enjoyed by everyone and by all ages. We cover various forms of arts therapy to help with self discovery, self healing and self discovery.
You don't need to be a great artist, or indeed consider yourself to be particularly creative. All you need is an imagination and an open mind to get the most from this Therapeutic Art / Arts Therapy course.
We also offer an exclusive support service to Udemy students. On enrolment, you'll be given access to a fully supported learning experience which extends to personal support via email with the course creator, Libby Seery. As previously stated, this is a bespoke service available to Udemy students only.
This Therapeutic Art online course (which looks at various arts therapy) is self paced and offers you complete flexibility. Choose to study at a time and place that suits you, safe in the knowledge that help is always at hand.
Within this Therapeutic Art online course, you'll find a section on arts therapy including self exploration and healing painful emotions, as well as a section for pure enjoyment and recreation. You'll also find a section on therapeutic art for family bonding. This is great for better communication and an appreciation for each other, as you learn and create with one another.
Art and the therapeutic creative process of creating art, can be incredibly useful for children who may have experienced bullying or trauma and can provide a safe sanctuary to share our feelings and emotions.
Therapeutic Art can be described as being an expressive and creative, form of therapy, using arts therapy in its various forms.
The therapeutic, creative process of self expression, can improve our physical and mental health, as well as our emotional well being.
- It helps us to manage our feelings in a more positive way
- Can give us the confidence to address and resolve issues from the past and present
- Increase self esteem and develop a greater self awareness
Creating art through Therapeutic Art, provides an outlet to express yourself freely, which will encourage and promote a healthier, happier life.
Did you know that colouring-in books for adults are outselling cook books? Colouring-in for just twenty minutes a day, can bring you enormous benefits, including:
- A more relaxed state of mind
- Lowering stress hormones
- Help with insomnia
Therapeutic Art may sound a bit daunting, especially if you believe yourself not to be particularly artistic or creative. However, this need not be an issue, as the purpose of art is simply to express, and not to judge, or compare.
Art should be an extension of how you're feeling, and for that you are your own expert.
With over 50 exercises and activities, here are just a few included in this Therapeutic Art online course:
- Scribble drawing for relaxation
- Art Journalling
- Create your own healing comic strip
- Becoming your own superhero
- Writing your pain a letter
- A healing postcard
- Spontaneous image diary
- Affirmations cards
- Keeping a gratitude jar
- Create your own colour wheel
- Painting your emotions
- Exploring our inner and outer self
- Meditative painting
- Self soothing images
- Creating your future with a vision board
- Colour Psychology
- Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs
- Self body state using watercolours
- Create your own emotions wheel
- Zentangles and mandalas
- Accessing your inner child
- Creative writing
- The "About Me" Cube
- A family is a kingdom
- My "good Well-Being" teapot
There's also some super fun things to enjoy with younger ones, like face painting and creating your own pinata.
Be sure to access the available resources in the downloads section of this lecture.
- The perfect thing about this course is that no prior experience or knowledge is required.
- The only thing you will need, is an imagination and an open mind!
- Explore facets of your personality you never knew existed
- Use art as a means of self expression
- Create art without judgement
- Create art as a means for self healing and self discovery
- Enjoy art as a family bonding exercise
- Build on your self esteem and increase your confidence levels
- Use art as a means of relaxation and to unwind
- Enjoy the benefits that creative art brings to our emotional and physical well being
- Use art for the purpose of active meditation
- Learn many different techniques to use art for pure enjoyment and recreation
- Create Mandalas and Zentangles
I am an international artist and have been practising art therapy in South Africa for the past twenty years.
I have worked with many people over many years from all walks of life, using art as a medium for self healing and for exploring various facets of our personality.
Using creativity to help people is something I'm very passionate about.
LIBBY SEERY - Founder of Renaissance Life Therapies Ad.Dip.Psych, PGDip.CBT, Dip.Couns, Dip.NLP, Dip.Psych.Coach
All of my online courses are fully accredited with the CPD Standards Agency and offer students the opportunity to gain CPD credits/hours.
I am a Psychotherapist, Counsellor, and Therapeutic Art Practitioner.
I run a very successful practice in Harley Street, London which is recognised the world over as a centre of medical excellence.
I am a highly trained specialist with a wealth of experience, working with people from all walks of life; including referrals from charities I'm involved in, to very high profile clients from all over the world.
As well as my client work, I have had a number of works published and have appeared on TV and radio.
I am also the founder of Renaissance Life Therapies Training Academy, which offers courses in art therapy, counselling, CBT and other areas of self development.
As an accredited CPD training provider, I have more than 120,000 students, from 190 countries, and have been honoured with a number of awards for my contribution to education.
I also write and lecture in my subject, as well as training other doctors and counsellors in specialist areas of counselling and therapeutic art.