In this course, We will Master the API Testing, We will learn how an Experience Testers Write Test Cases for the API Testing in the POSTMAN(API Testing Tool) and Create an Automation TestSuite to run it regularly and Integrate it in the Continuous Integration Delivery Stack(CI/CD Stack).
API Testing Basics Covered : -
- Introduction to API & API Testing.
- HTTP Methods & Fundamentals.
- Authentication & Cookie basics.
- File Upload and misc Web fundamentals.
- Test Coverage and Code Coverage.
- Approach of API Testing, Writing Test Plan and Test Cases.
- Performance Testing Plan and Execution.
- Best Practices of API Testing.
- Load Testing of the API using JMeter.
We will explore the features of the POSTMAN :-
- Installation of Chrome App and Native App.
- Environments & Variables.
- Setting up Pre-Script/ Post-Scripts
- Writing Test Cases in POSTMAN.
- Exporting POSTMAN Request in Different Programming Languages.
- Validate JSON Schema.
- Advance Use of Assert Framework(Chai assert framework) in POSTMAN.
- Consecutive Request in POSTMAN and Passing variables to Other request.
- Test Runner.
- Import/Export Collection or Test Data or Request.
- Newman( Monitoring POSTMAN Requests) & Running Test Cases on the Docker Jenkins
- POSTMAN Interceptor.
- Proxy Settings.
- Generating API Documentation.
- TEAM library.
- Sharing Collection as V1/V2 format.
- Debugging Request using Console /Dev Tools.
- Mock Servers.
- Keyboard shortcuts.
- How to Be a Part of Community of POSTMAN.
- API Testing Interview Questions - Part 1,2,3,4 ( 101+ Questions)
Assuming Beginner in the API Testing, First, we'll learn about "What is API and how do we test them", after that, we'll create a POSTMAN Test suite(collection) and add our validation framework to it. After finishing our Test Suite, we will run collection command-line and add it as Jenkins Job(monitoring purpose).
Next steps will include the Test Coverage for the API-Testing and how to perform the Load Testing of the API using JMeter and More Advance Concepts in POSTMAN.
- You should have basic understanding of the PC , Chrome and have idea about chrome extensions
- You should know how to install and run commands in the terminal(Optional)
- You should have a basic understanding of the Testing(Optional)