AP® Italian Language and Culture provides students with an interactive learning experience that combines the highest academic standards with the goal of language proficiency.
This course suits the needs of students who have a variety of learning goals:
1. You want to prepare for the AP exam independently at your own pace, or perhaps you want to improve your language skills and find out more about contemporary Italian society. Sign up now and cover as little or as much as you need to get ready! You will have access to all the material from the moment you register. You may audit the course for free or work towards a Verified Certificate of Completion ($49; issued by edX ).
2. You want to be best prepared for the AP exam and also be part of an online live class with other students and an instructor. Wellesley College offers, in conjunction with this edX course, online live instruction classes (in Fall 2019 and Spring 2020) so that you can practice the language regularly. Our online live instruction classes follow the same curriculum as this edX course. If you choose this option, you will receive a Certificate from Wellesley College with a letter grade that you may present to your high school for registration on your transcript. You will also experience how languages are taught at Wellesley College! Registration for live online classes.
- Learn about contemporary Italian culture through a variety of media (video interviews, newspaper articles, radio programs, short stories, etc.)
- Refine your interpersonal, presentational and interpretive skills in Italian.
- Review Italian grammar from fundamental to advanced structures.
- Practice all you need for success in the AP Italian exam!