Learn the basics of Classical Latin in this first of two introductory courses. Students who take this course will learn basic Latin grammar and syntax, as well as a comprehensive vocabulary, which expands with each lesson.
Benefits of taking this class include:
- Learning the father language of all Romantic languages (Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, French). This is an excellent gateway language to learning many new languages in the future.
- Learning the etymology of thousands of English words which derive their meaning from Latin.
- Learning the mechanics of a new language will help students come to a better understanding of grammar in their own language.
- Short 3-7 minute lectures for each lesson
- Document accompanying each lesson subject, which includes 10-15 vocabulary word list
- Sentences to translate from Latin to English and English to Latin
- Self-test exams every three chapters
- Answer key for exams and translation exercises
- Bonus vocabulary list (which I will continue to add to)
tense, which is the second of the six tenses in Latin. They will learn
this tense in all four conjugations. They will also be introduce the
grammatical concept, enclitics.
- No additional software is required.Although, a printer would be useful if you would like to print hard copies of the individual lesson texts.
- Learn to read and write Latin, as well as memorize a large vocabulary of Latin words.
Benedict Atchley was born in Pomona, California in the United States of America. He is the second oldest child in a family of thirteen. He attended Aquinas College from 2007 to 2011, where he received a BA in business administration. Since then he has written two full length novels while working in the telecommunications industry as a financial analyst. He first began studying Latin in high school and continued the study in college. His fondness for the language encouraged him to continue his study of Latin on his own. His residence is in Nashville, TN, but he is currently travelling abroad with his wife and daughter.