The best Gospel Chop lessons on the internet!
This course consists of 20 lessons explicitly teaching advanced linear sextuplet phrasing. You will learn to play a variety of innovative, challenging and inspiring gospel chop sequences.
The aim of this course is to demystify the world of sextuplet gospel chop drumming and provide you with a tool kit of phrases, licks and fills that you can use in your playing.
This course is aimed at intermediate/advanced drummers and is unique because there very little talking. It is suited to drummers who enjoy seeing clear demonstrations, exercises and transcriptions. Each lesson follows an innovative lesson structure that makes learning the difficult chop sequences presented easy!
7-step lesson structure.
2. Breaking It Down – Phrasing Exercise
3. Putting It Together I – Triplet Combination Exercise
4. Putting It together II – Sextuplet Combination Exercise
5. Fill Applications I – 2 Beat Fills
6. Fill Applications II – 1 Bar Fills
7. The Finished Product
All you have to do is follow the videos and complete the exercises outlined in the PDF's.
This course delivers a variety of fun, challenging and inspiring linear sextuplet fills that you can copy, practice and internalise. After you have spent enough time developing your technique and playing these fills, you should be able to improvise freely and create your own patterns and phrases.
- Sticks, drum kit and a practise space
- Play a range difficult, innovative and inspiring Sextuplet Gospel Chop Sequences.
- Gain a whole new tool kit of Linear Sextuplet Phrasing.
- Create your own Chops, Licks, Fills, Patterns, Orchestrations and Sequences.
- You will develop some serious CHOPS!
Nick Bukey is Musician, Session Drummer and Music Educator from Newcastle Australia. He runs a Drum School focused on developing well rounded, versatile and musically literate drummers. He is also an experienced school teacher holding a Bachelor of Education/Arts (Honors) from the University of Newcastle. He has 20+ years of drumming experience and 15 years of teaching experience. Nick is well trained in virtually all styles of music and has a strong knowledge of music theory and a high level of musicianship.