Are you scared to learn InDesign on your own? Does it look intimidating? Don't worry, I promise by the end of the first few videos you will realize InDesign is actually a simple to use program.
- Kara: "This course definitely exceeded my expectations. I've stayed far away from InDesign because I THOUGHT it was difficult. Daniel explains things in a way that it's not frustrating and boring. If you're on the fence about Daniel's class, don't hesitate to purchase it. I've bought 2 courses from other people on here and his was the most straight-to-the-point course and it wasn't boring. I had fun learning InDesign and this course is worth so much more than you pay on Udemy. Thank you!"
Hi there, my name is Dan. I am a graphic designer and Adobe Certified Instructor (ACI) for Adobe InDesign CC.
Together we will work through real life projects starting with a simple company flyer, then a brochure & a company newsletter. We’ll make business cards & take control of a really long annual report. You'll learn essential typographic, color theory & graphic design principals.
We will work with colour, picking your own and also using corporate colours. You will explore how to choose & use fonts like a professional. We will find, resize & crop images for your documents.
- Margie: "This course has been a life changing experience for me! I’ve been unmotivated the past 2 years because of the fear of failure in my business endeavours. I realize now I was more afraid of not being able to comprehend what the instructor was teaching.now I’m eagerly waiting to enjoy the next course. Learning has been a positive uplifting journey for me now!"
There are projects for you to complete, so you can practise your skills & use these for your creative portfolio.
In this course I supply exercise files so you can play along. I will also save my files as I go through each video so that you can compare yours to mine - handy if something goes wrong.
Know that I will be around to help - if you get lost you can drop a post on the video 'Questions and Answers' below each video and I'll be sure to get back to you.
- Damayanti: "So thankful for this! it's my first time learning this program, but I can confidentially say that Daniel is a great choice as an instructor. What I really love is that you guys are really teaching each and everything that new comers like me need to learn to become a pro. Zero to Hero is the right slogan you guys used! Glad I get to learn through here!"
I will share every design trick I have learnt in the last 15 years of designing. My goal is for you to finish this course with all the necessary skills to start making beautiful documents using Adobe InDesign CC.
- You will need a copy of Adobe InDesign CC.
- No previous design skills are needed.
- No previous InDesign skills are needed.
- You will be able to add InDesign to your CV
- You will be able to start earning money from your InDesign Skills.
- You will have over 5 of your own projects to add to your portfolio.
- You will build a flyer in InDesign.
- You will create a postcard design.
- You will build a company brochure.
- You will create a magazine layout.
- You will create a company newsletter.
- You will create your own business card.
- You will build stationery for a business including letterhead & comp slip.
- You will build a longer annual report document.
- You will create & use corporate colors.
- You will create your own colors to use in your designs.
- You will learn how to pick complimentary fonts for you design.
- You will resize, rotate & crop images.
- 76 lectures 5+ hours of well structured content.
- Learn how to create PDF files ready for printing.
- You will get the finished files so you never fall behind.
- Downloadable exercise files & cheat sheet.
- Forum support from me and the rest of the BYOL crew.
- Techniques used by professional graphic designers.
- Professional workflows and shortcuts.
- A wealth of other resources and websites to help your new career path.
Sharing is who I am, and teaching is where I am at my best, because I've been on both sides of that equation, and getting to deliver useful training is my meaningful way to be a part of the creative community.
I've spent a long time watching others learn, and teach, to refine how I work with you to be efficient, useful and, most importantly, memorable. I want you to carry what I've shown you into a bright future.
I have a wife (a lovely Irish girl) and kids. I have lived and worked in many places (as Kiwis tend to do) – but most of my 14+ years of creating and teaching has had one overriding theme: bringing others along for the ride as we all try to change the world with our stories, our labours of love and our art.
I'm a certified Adobe instructor (ACI) in Ireland. I'm also an Adobe Certified Expert (ACE) and have completed the Adobe Certified Associate training (ACA). And I don't just do Adobe. Remember, media is a very broad term – digital blew out the borders, so we are all constantly learning.
I've been teaching for 14+ years. I come from being a media designer and content creator – so I understand exactly where you're at now. I've been there. I love this stuff. Print, digital publishing, web and video. I can see how it all connects. And I can see how we can share those connections.
I built Bring Your Own Laptop in Ireland, New Zealand, Australia & online. I have a great team working with me to keep BYOL at the top of Adobe and digital media training. I understand business, I have one – so I know how important it is to get it right and make it work for you.
Now my focus is on Udemy. It's my mission to bring you the best training for digital media on Udemy.
Daniel Walter Scott
instructorHQ aims to deliver consistently high quality courses from a range of experienced trainers.
We also offer courses detailing the production techniques necessary to begin and grow into a experienced and successful trainer.
“You can teach a student a lesson for a day; but if you can teach him to learn by creating curiosity, he will continue the learning process as long as he lives." - Clay P. Bedford