This course is about how to learn to say difficult sounds in English quickly and to reduce your accent audibly. We will cover the most important phonics/sounds that my clients - from India, China, France, Russia, Brazil, Spain and so on - have the most problems with doing business in the US/Silicon Valley. You don't have to go through all the lectures, just pick the areas you feel you still have to work on and practice the words diligently. You will see the slides that go with the video and most of the time, I also uploaded additional practice materials. If you work on your English pronunciation consistently, you will see results really fast.
- You need to dare to speak American English daily [and people in the US don’t care about your mistakes!!] and also commit to studying hard. If you do, your pronunciation [and you] will shine.
- I've also included homework materials which are different from the main materials in the videos, be sure to work with these as well.
- By the end of this course, you will be able to speak American English in a much clearer and confident way because you have a much better American English pronunciation.
- You shouldn't have to worry about how you are speaking but be able to concentrate on what you are saying.
Having moved 34 times across 3 different continents, and speaking 5 languages, I leverage my background to help international executives and start-up entrepreneurs find their voice in Silicon Valley via US business communications and pitch training [including accent reduction].
Over the years, I've worked and currently work with international executives and entrepreneurs from DreamWorks to Facebook, coming from Russia, Brazil, Spain, China, India and France, to name a couple, to help translate these executives' business stories and start up pitches into structured, understandable messages for the US business audience.
I'm a Mentor at 500 Startups [500.co] where I work mainly with the international startups on their Demo Day pitches - what fun!
In addition, I give seminars to international MBA students at UCLA's Anderson School of Business and UC Berkeley's HAAS School of Business and teach classes at Stanford University's Continuing Studies.
I received a Master’s from UC Berkeley and a Ph.D. from Stanford University. I also hold a Bachelor's Degree from the University of Tübingen, Germany.
Here are the classes I've taught at Stanford’s Continuing Studies Program:
1. Branding Yourself Strategically using social media
2. Communications for International Business
3. Managing Virtual Teams
4. English Business Writing for Executives
Executive coaching international executives and start-up entrepreneurs from China, India, Russia, Spain, France etc. in: accent reduction speech, presentation skills, VC and angel investor pitching., ESL, US business communications, personal branding, social media in Silicon Valley.
Fluent German, French, Spanish, Portuguese and English, teach workshops in 5 languages.
Event organizations include: GABA, Startup Embassy, SiliconHouse
Author: They Made It!:
Co-Author: Communicating the American Way