A Serious Problem that Pianists Face: How to fill in interesting music to long notes and empty measures.
In a song, we often see a lot of long notes. These long notes usually take up a few beats creating empty measures. A lot of students get stuck and do not know how to create interesting fills to make the song come alive. If we just play the notes as they are for 4 beats, the whole song sounds boring and the music is dead.
As a piano player, you want to learn how to fill up these empty bars with interesting filler in notes.
Here's the Secret: Create Contrasting Runs & Fills with Color Tones in empty measures
- create contrasting music to surprise your audience
- create dancing sounds
- put in color tones in your runs
- get your hands moving in a span of octaves
- learn handshapes to provide these sounds effortlessly
- learn this handshape to create dancing movement in your runs
In this course, you are going to learn how to put in contrasting runs to create interesting sounds to your piano playing.
Here's Rosa's Secret Handshape to create Interesting Runs:
1. Use Right Hand Octaves to have full sounds
2. Learn how to use Right Hand Fingers to move up and down
3. Learn how to use Right Hand Fingers to Dip Sounds
4. Use Polychord Trick to create color chord sounds.
You will learn the following Runs & Fills for the Empty Measures:
- Polychord Runs
- Polychord Dancing Arp
- 3 Dip 2 Dip - 4TO Fixed Handshape
- Chromatic Triad Descending Run
- Double Fillers in a Measure
- Rolling Wave Going Up
- Chromatic Tones Running Up
- Melody Echo with 4TO
- Polychord cascading waterfall run
- Whole Tone Scale for G+
- Tritone Half Step Slide Repeat
- C6/9 Quartal Ethereal Run
Once you know how to apply to this song, you can apply to your favorite songs.
See you in the course,
Rosa's Online School:
Teaching 93 Courses on Music & Piano Courses!
OVER 74,000 Successful students have already taken my online courses since July 2014 with many 5 Star Reviews
About Rosa's online course at Udemy:
- Over 74,000 very happy students already in my Udemy classes
- See the 5 Star Reviews from VERY satisfied students
- You get free lifetime access
- All videos are at your finger tips to watch anytime & anywhere
- All future extra lectures and upgrades are always free
- Unconditional Udemy 30 day money-back guarantee and that's my personal promise to your success!
- Join this happy family of students
- Have a little knowledge of chords
- CREATE beautiful filler tones
- USE easy fingering to play runs
- CONTRAST runs and fills in the empty measures
- PLAY polychord runs and fills
- PLAY in octaves with right hand
- DIP your fingers to create up and down sounds
- FILL in runs in the long notes
- KNOW how to put in fills and runs in songs
- APPLY the same principle of runs and fills to other songs
Rosa is the Pastor and Church Pianist for a local community church in Hong Kong for over 30 years. She graduated from University of British Columbia and received her teaching certificate specializing in Chemistry and teaching English as a second language. She taught public schools in Canada for a couple of years and then went on to receive her Master's degree in Christian Theological Ministry at Ontario Theological Seminary in Toronto. She started full time ministry with her husband in 1989 and received intensive Pastoral Counselling and Discipleship Training at Christian Disciples Church. They were ordained to become church ministers as Pastors in 1996 in a local church in Tsuen Wan and have been ministering to this same congregation for more than 20 years now.
Over the years, she has gone on church missions to Mongolia, Sydney, Nepal, India and expedition trips to the Holy Lands: Israel, Greece and Turkey. Wherever she went, she found herself taking up the music ministry and became the church pianist for that church.
Many people at church have asked her to teach them to play piano. As a result of her passion in playing piano, she started developing piano courses initially for church pianists online since 2008. The piano courses are very unique because she was finally willing to share her Unique Piano Method: Color Chord Improvisation Method known as CCI. The CCI method works for all types of music: Gospel, Pop and Standards.
This Piano Method is easy, fun and creative that you learn to play piano not only from music score sheets, but to play chords from fake books and eventually to play by ear. Students all over the world have requested for courses to teach them play standards and popular songs. As a result she developed 3 Great Reharmonization Method courses for them to play from fake books and play by ear. The Dreamy Piano Techniques courses, especially the one on Autumn Leaves is her students favorite. She has a piano website at Learn Piano With Rosa where she continues to offer new courses to her students. She also holds piano workshops for her local students and train church pianists.
With her education and expertise in teaching, her students love her piano courses and found her piano lessons extremely easy and fun to play piano. They are highly motivated to play piano and playing piano had never been more fun and satisfying for them. You can read their testimonies on her website.
She is now an instructor at Udemy. Come and join her hundreds of students to play piano in a fun and creative way.