This course is used at top companies like Amazon®, Unilever®, Walmart®, Nissan®, and Citibank®.
Course Version 7.1 | Updated April 2020
5/5 Stars: "I thoroughly enjoyed the practicality of this course. Theory is great but it's implementation of theory that makes a difference in the workplace. Great assignments and awesome interviews. I have recommended this course to my network and am sure you will too once you have comepleted this course. Great work Davis and team." - Justin Underhill
5/5 Stars: "The entire course was very detailed in each module. It was definitely not for a beginner. I am pretty sure the senior manager or the mid-level manager will appreciate this course. Illustration helped a lot too. I truly enjoyed the course." - Yoshika Okamura
Similar to MIT’s Advanced Management Program (which runs a whopping $65,000!), and available here for a tiny fraction of the cost. By taking this course, you can develop a higher level of leadership and management skills to help you reach your fullest potential and deliver extraordinary value to your team, your organization, and the communities you serve.
Advanced Management Training for Business Leaders
Take the next step in your career! Whether you’re an up-and-coming professional, a savvy entrepreneur, or an experienced executive, this remarkable course is a tremendous opportunity to deepen your leadership and management abilities, increase your personal achievement, and make a positive and lasting impact on the people around you.
With this course as your guide, you learn how to:
- Transform your leadership style for the current business climate
- Discover powerful solutions for common management challenges
- Communicate and persuade effectively in the age of digital
- Create a win-win negotiation that promote a long-term relationship
- Maximize your personal productivity and handle time constraints
- Understand management issues from a macroeconomic perspective
- Invest in yourself today and reap the benefits for years to come
The Newest Frameworks for Leadership and Management
Engaging video lectures, expert interviews, and interactive exercises. This course is based on cutting-edge research from Harvard, Stanford, MIT, and other top-flight institutions. You’ll gain powerful leadership insights and develop must-have management capacities. The result? You can reach your career goals and become a more effective change agent moving forward.
BONUS! In this Advanced Leadership Course, you’ll get insightful interviews with Brian Burwell, the leader of one of the world’s premier management consulting firms. Brian has performed consulting engagements with Fortune 100 companies from all over the world, and helps you contextualize each course lecture with his 35+ years of real-world experience.
Better Team Building, Communication, Negotiation, and More
This course features highly informative and beautifully designed lectures, little-known secrets from superstars of leadership and management, and interactive exercises to make these career-changing concepts come to life. The course itself is divided into three sections:
In the early sections of the course, you’ll discover how to handle the most common management challenges, how to lead high-performing teams across different situations, and how to communicate effectively in the current era. Today’s business leaders must communicate in person and through digital mediums. You’ll learn about delivering effective messages through multiple channels using communication models like the ELM, Minto Pyramid, and more.
In the middle sections of the course, you’ll learn how to improve your negotiation skills and increase your personal productivity. With negotiation, you’re likely to face complex scenarios during your career. You’ll develop go-to strategies for thinking “win-win” and claiming value from every high-stake negotiation. You’ll also learn how to use tools like the BATNA and Eazl’s negotiation preparation tools. From a productivity standpoint, you’ll learn to be dramatically more efficient and to work successfully with the many claims on your time and energy.
In the final sections of the course, you’ll develop the ability to look at key management issues from a macroeconomic perspective. This will allow you to anticipate macroeconomic events and important changes in government policies. Last but not least, you’ll develop your own leadership style by creating leadership guideposts and then building your own tools – ones that you can use to understand your own people and work better with your own teams.
Since giving you the most possible value is so important to us, Eazl is offering this course with our 30-day guarantee. If you’re not totally wowed by the content, feel free to ask for a refund. We will give you one immediately, no questions asked. Sound good?
Who is the target audience?
- New managers looking to transition successfully from a production to a management role
- Existing managers looking to get more engagement and innovation from their teams and organizations
- Entrepreneurs who need to use "soft power" to motivate people to achieve exceptional outcomes with limited resources
Course Version Release Notes:
- What's new in version version 1.1?
- Added welcome video to pose key questions and introduce key learning outcomes
- What's new in version 2.0?
- Lucky you! If you enrolled prior to June 2015, you've just been upgraded to masterclass! Over the summer of 2015, entire sections on macroeconomics for managers, negotiation, personal productivity, communication strategies, and teambuilding will be rolled out! Stay tuned!
- All new intros are now included to support the conversion to a masterclass.
- Woohoo! The section on macroeconomics for managers is live.
- What's new in version 2.1?
- Rock on! There's a great new section on negotiation for you!
- What's new in version 2.2?
- Woohoo! There's an awesome new section of modules on personal productivity!
- What's new in version 2.3?
- Check out the new section on persuasive, internal, and visual communication strategies for managers!
- What's new in version 3.0? We're proud to launch a fully upgraded version of the course! In version 3.0, you now have:
- A brand new section that provides detailed recipes for handling common management challenges. This section includes a guide to candidate interviewing and an entire additional set of modules.
- We've now added contextual interviews with Brian Burwell, one of the world's business leaders. Though we can't tell you the name of the company Brian leads, you can certainly look it up on the web. Brian has led multimillion dollar management consulting engagements for some of the world's largest and most sophisticated firms (Fortune 100 companies) and you're very lucky to see and hear his perspective on the topics covered in each section of the course.
- The content has been reordered, old introductions have been removed, and other changes have been made to upgrade your learning experience. Enjoy!
- What's new in version 3.1?
- Woohoo! Brand new section intros to make your learning experience even better!
- What's new in Version 4?
- In version 4.0, you'll have access to a first-of-it's-kind interactive business simulation that mixes video, data, and reactions to the decisions you make based on the concepts studied in the course. Stay tuned!
- What's new in version 5?
- You asked and we delivered! We've now optimized this learning experience for you to receive your advanced management certificate when you complete 100% of the course. This feature has been popular with members of Eazl's growth marketing community because it enables you to use your time and energy taking this course to earn a verifiable certificate created, hosted, and issued by Eazl.
- The course now includes brand new footage at the beginning of each section that deliver the key concepts that you'll build in the section. Overall in the 5.0 upgrade, we have embraced the sophisticated management science research that drives this learning experience. In order to make that research meaningful, you need to be comfortable with relatively advanced concepts relating to negotiation, communication, etc. so we've made that a bigger part of the new lectures.
- A cloud-based study guide now accompanies version 5 of the course. This should make your learning experience more interactive and seamless if you're using a mobile device.
- What's new in version 6? (Published November 3, 2018)
- Our students asked for more opportunities to apply their learning, so we have used Udemy's new Assignments feature to build case-study exercises for each topic area of the course. For example, in the practical management topic area, you'll have a chance to manage the expectations of one of the high-performing members of your team. In the negotiation section, you'll read the case of the botched Time-Warner / CBS negotiations and have a chance to apply your learnings to what went wrong with this failed round of negotiations. Each assignment includes readings from world-class business journals and/or peer-reviewed management science-related academic journals, an animated case study, and possible solutions to the questions you're invited to answer. We hope you enjoy the big update!
- What's new in version 7? (Published November 1, 2019)
- You asked and we delivered! This year, we've added full, professionally-developed captions to the course. These captions should help you better-retain the management science concepts you're learning in the course, and, if you speak English as a second language, improve your English language skills and build your vocabulary. We hope you enjoy version 7!
- What's new in version 7.1? (Published April 13, 2020)
- We've updated links to many of the external resources associated with your learning experience. If you find any dead links, send us a message!
- You should already be somewhat familiar with fundamental business practices and be interested in learning to achieve more by working with and through other people
- Innovate, execute on good ideas, and diffusing the ideas throughout the organization
- Unlock more strategic information and find better ways of working together
- Succeed in a world where smart, orchestrated networks and tiny firms that do not need much capital to compete with larger organizations
- Make their organizations more agile, responsive, and creative
Davis Jones is the Chief Learning Officer for Eazl, a business school whose courseware is used by organizations like Tesla, Harvard, the World Bank, and Lyft and more than 250,000 students worldwide. Mr. Jones also participated in the Harvard University Graduate School of Education Leaders of Learning program in 2018.
Mr. Jones began his career in digital education following the publication of Career Hacking in 2014. Today, it is the best-selling career management course in the history of the Internet and is integrated into undergraduate and graduate-level programs at the University of San Francisco, EDHEC Business School, Sonoma State University, and other colleges and universities in the US and abroad. Following the publication of Career Hacking, Mr. Jones negotiated commissions for Eazl to produce courseware on digital marketing, digital customer service, and multiple other business topics. Today, this courseware is used by organizations in both the private (e.g. Tesla, PayPal) and public (e.g. the World Bank) sectors.
Mr. Jones earned undergraduate (economics) and graduate (MBA) degrees from traditional universities. He is also a committed lifelong learner. In addition to his participation in the Harvard Graduate School of Education Leaders of Learning program, Mr. Jones has earned credentials from New York Museum of Modern Art (Teaching with Themes), Udemy (Trademark Law), and independent learning organizations (Yes I’m a Designer / Adobe Illustrator).
Since launching in 2013, Eazl courseware has received 15k+ reviews and is trusted by teams at Tesla, Harvard, the World Bank, and many other leading organizations. Today, 150,000+ students use Eazl to build and prove their skills from anywhere, on any device, on their own schedule.
Eazl also offers you industry-leading digital student support. More than just Q&A, you can get high-quality feedback on projects that can be career game-changers for youlike your resume and completed course projects. For example, many students at the University of San Francisco and EDHEC Business School submit and receive feedback on their resumes from Eazl’s student support team before graduating. Our team is passionate about delivering you honest feedback to support your learning and enable you to put your best foot forward.
You can take advantage of three kinds of learning experiences with Eazl: Career Hacking, certificate courses, and Eazl’s BFE Program.
• Career Hacking is the best-selling career management course in the history of the Internet. It’s a great way to learn how the job market works, to refine your career strategy, and to build your resume and LinkedIn® profile. We also offer additional services to help you build a strong professional brand and navigate your job search.
• Eazl’s certificate courses enable you to develop a specific skill, get templates and tools related to the skill that you can alter for your own uses, and receive a customized certificate for completing the course. For example, Eazl’s Growth Hacking Masterclass is a certificate course with more than 35,000 alumni worldwide.
• In Eazl’s Business, Finance, and Economics Intensive (BFE) program, you’ll learn everything you need to know to be a capable, well-rounded businessperson. Through the BFE program, you pick among 5 specializations or complete all 5 to prove that you’re someone who deserves a seat at the leadership table.
You will not go into debt learning with Eazl. We are passionate about providing you with amazing courseware (you will never watch a PowerPoint presentation with Eazl), the best digital student support in the world, access to global experts, and a lot more at amazingly affordable prices.
Thanks for learning with Eazl!
Mrs. Jones is the COO of Eazl, a business school whose courseware is used by organizations like Tesla, Harvard, the World Bank, The Economist, and more than 150,000 students worldwide. She specializes in:
• Designing & Implementing Business Operations
• Students Services & Assessment
• Employee Management
• Establishing Policies to Promote Company Culture & Vision
• Data-based Operational Improvements
• Creating Solutions for Increasing Productivity
Prior to her role as COO, Mrs. Jones built relationships with business and community leaders in the San Francisco Bay Area and Chicagoland, working with educational non-profits like Kid Scoop, political leaders like California State Assemblyman Jim Wood (2nd District), and with high-growth businesses like Eazl as a freelance digital marketer.
As Marketing & Communications Manager at Eazl, she built expert-level knowledge in marketing and leveraged the power of the Internet to foster connections between the business and its community members.
Mrs. Jones is currently serving as COO at Eazl, where she spends most of her time leading the Eazl team, serving students, and creating and distributing uniquely useful content.
Mrs. Jones earned her master’s degree from SKEMA Business School in Sophia Antipolis, France (the #1 program of its kind in France and #9 in the world), her undergraduate degree from credits earned at in both traditional (the University of Texas at Austin) and online (American InterContinental University) environments, and her Leaders of Learning certificate from Harvard.