Getting to grips with our unconscious bias is a critical step in creating a fair and inclusive workplace. Produced in partnership with leading UK business psychology consultancy Pearn Kandola, this course looks at why bias develops, its impact on the workplace and what we can do to tackle it at both an individual and organisational level.
No matter how open-minded we might like to think we are, we are all inherently biased. These biases develop over the course of our lives as a result of the influences of our friends and family, our personal experiences, our cultural background and external influences such as the media. While we may be largely unaware of them, they can exert a powerful influence on how we interact with those around us and the decisions that we make about people and situations.
This course combines original drama and expert analysis to provide psychological insights into how our own behaviour might be affected by bias and looks at what we can do to reduce or eliminate its influence on our working relationships and the decisions that we make. Suitable for teams of all types, the course has been designed to help people at all levels including operational managers and staff, HR managers and trainers and senior executives and business leaders.
This course will give a better understanding of:
- Why humans are biased
- The relationship between bias, prejudice and discrimination
- How unconscious bias can impact on the workplace and on working relationships
- What we can do to reduce or eliminate bias from our decision-making process
- How to identify and address bias in specific situations, such as recruitment.
- The course does not require learners to have any specific software, just basic computer-operating skills.
- No special materials or prior knowledge necessary - everything is provided.