End of Disclaimer
SAP S/4HANA is SAP's ERP suite redesigned on the SAP HANA platform. Most SAP consultants that I speak to typically have heard of HANA or S/4HANA. But there is so much of marketing jargon behind this, it is sometimes confusing to put your finger firmly on what HANA or S/4HANA is really -
- Is it an ERP ?
- Is it a database ?
- Is it a IoT ?
- Is it a Data warehouse ?
Also, more importantly
- why did SAP come up with a columnar, in-memory database called HANA ?
- and why is SAP trying to re-invent the SAP ERP suite on SAP HANA database as SAP S4HANA ?
- and why more and more apps ( read transactions ) are being re-written in Fiori rather than ABAP ?
These are precisely the questions you will know the answer to in the first quarter of the course.
SAP S/4HANA is the same SAP ERP that you are already aware of as a Functional consultant in your respective areas. So,
- Are there new business processes introduced in S/4HANA ?
- Should I unlearn anything from my current ERP background ?
- How should I go about learning S/4HANA ?
- What are the major delta changes available in the latest SAP S/4HANA version ?
- Where to look for delta changes ?
- What are the changes in SAP SD ?
- What are the changes in SAP MM ?
These are some of the questions you will be knowing the answers to in the next half of the course.
And finally, how do you implement S/4HANA ?
- What happens to existing ERP implementation ?
- What are the deployment options ?
- How long will SAP ERP continue to be supported ?
- Are all new SAP implementations going to be on S/4HANA ?
These are the questions you will be knowing the answers to in the last quarter of the course.
Irrespective of your background in SAP - Functional or Technical - Eventually, SAP would be moving on to the new simplified data model used in S/4HANA. Be the first to get on to the bandwagon and learn all you need to learn about S/4HANA. Are you ready ?
See you in the course.
- Some level of experience in SAP - either Functional or Technical