If you are new to Power BI or want to fill in some gaps in your knowledge, THIS is the course for you. We've focused on providing you with the fundamentals you need to work with Power BI effectively! Don't sit through days of boring training to understand how Power BI works! This course will get you up to speed and working in half the time, giving you the crucial foundation to start you on the journey to becoming a Power BI expert.
This course has been updated for 2020 so you will learn on the latest Power BI interface. Students who have taken this course have this to say:
- "Amazing and captivating course! I have started it with a zero knowledge about Power BI. Now I feel very comfortable and knowledgeable to use it. Thank you for the great course. Highly recommended!"
- "Best course content and trainer I have had. Can translate the new skills learnt directly into my role and elevate our business. Thank you"
- "This was a very informative course even though I was already a user of Power BI and had followed another course previously. Enjoyed it and learnt a lot which will be useful in my day to day work! Thank you Ian :)"
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT:
- Understand the flow of using Power BI, from connecting to various data sources, importing these into Power BI, transforming the data and then presenting it effectively
- Learn how to use Power BI Desktop, Power BI Query Editor & the Power BI Service
- Learn how to create relationships between related data sources
- Learn how to build reports with various types of aggregations and filters
- Learn about the various types of visualizations possible in Power BI and how to use them
- Learn how to create interactive dashboards with drill throughs and relative date filters
- Learn how to publish dashboards to the web and mobile app
- Learn how to use themes and custom visualizations
- Learn about DAX and how to use it to build measures
- Learn how to work with Excel & Power BI to create a dynamic and effective business solution
- Learn how to put this all into practice with a case study about the Corona Virus.
- You will need to have a PC/Windows laptop loaded with the latest version of Microsoft Power BI (available as a free download). Note that Power BI does not currently run natively on a Mac.
- Whilst this course is designed to cover Power BI from the ground up, some experience of working with data in Excel would be beneficial.
ABOUT THE TRAINER:
Ian Littlejohn has been a top-rated trainer on the Udemy platform for over 5 years and has more than 10 years' experience in training & management consulting. He specialises in Data Analysis, covering Excel, Power BI, Google Data Studio and Amazon Quicksight.
Ian has over 88,000 students and 24,000 reviews. He has a reputation for delivering excellent, logically structured courses which are easy to follow and get the point across without wasting learners' time.
You can see all of Ian's other Data Analysis courses by searching for his name on Udemy.
WHY YOU SHOULD SIGN UP:
Learners buying this course get:
- Full access to almost 7 hours of HD quality video
- 5 downloadable resources and 13 articles
- Lifetime access
- Money-back guarantee (see Udemy terms and Conditions)
- Certificate of completion upon course conclusion
This course will take you from beginner to intermediate level. Look out for Ian's follow on courses to take your skills onto the next level!
- Power BI Master Class - Query Editor [2020 Edition]
- Power BI Master Class-Data Models and DAX Formulas 2020
- Power BI Master Class - Dashboards and Power BI Service 2020
- Introduction to Data Analysis with Microsoft Power BI
We look forward to having you on the course!
- You will need to know the basics of working with data in Excel
- In the course you will need a work email address to sign up for the free Microsoft Power BI service
- Download the Power BI Desktop app which is available free from Microsoft for Windows