Note: a newer version of this course is now available under the title 'Learn To Code By Making a 2D Platformer in Unity & C#'. This new course features a complete overhaul and uses the latest version of Unity as well as using updated methods to make learning & developing easier than ever!
Learn how to create your very own platformer game using Unity3D, an industry-standard program used by many large gaming studios and indie developers across the world.
In this course you won’t just be learning programming concepts, but tying these concepts to real game development uses. You will have access to a course forum where you can discuss the topics covered in the course as well as the next steps to take once the course is complete.
This course has been designed to be easily understandable to everyone, so whether you’re a complete beginner, an artist looking to expand their game development range or a programmer interested in understanding game design, this course will help you gain a greater understanding of development.
At the end of this course you will have developed the ability to create such game elements as:
- A character to control
- Collectibles such as coins, extra lives & extra health
- Different types of enemies to combat
- Dangers such as Spikes, Saws & moving platforms
- User Interface with interactive menus
- Multiple levels and a level select screen
- A unique and challenging boss battle
Start learning today and let me help you become a game developer!
Bringing artwork into the game for future use.Splitting a sprite sheet into multiple pieces to use separately.
- Mac or PC capable of running Unity 3D
- A copy of Unity 5.3 available for free from unity3d.com