>> This is the only Udemy course that is referenced from the official Kotlin website as well as the official Android developers website for people who want to learn Kotlin, whether for Android or other purposes!
>> Learn programming in Kotlin, the most beautiful modern programming language based on Java!
>> Join this beginner-friendly course to learn to write code with an awesome and easy-to-learn language!
>> Expand your expertise as a Java or Android Developer and improve the quality of your code!
>> I'll answer every question you have, help you personally if you get stuck and listen to your feedback! Join 15,000+ happy students of mine on Udemy!
This course will teach you programming in Kotlin! We begin with the basics so this course is completely suitable for beginners. You will put what you learn into practice in several coding challenges. So at the end, you'll be able to create your own applications in Kotlin.
If you're an Android developer, you can use this course to get up to speed with this awesome language. Kotlin will allow you to maintain a cleaner and more expressive code base, use concepts that go beyond even Java 8, and write more robust apps for Android.
Topics covered include:
- Variables & nullable types (null safety)
- Conditionals: if and when
- Loops: for and while
- Object orientation: classes, objects, interfaces, inheritance etc.
- Data classes (a handy feature in Kotlin)
- UPDATE: more object-orientation + binary and hexadecimal numbers
- UPDATE: the information hiding principle + generics
This course also covers object-orientation, the major development paradigm you need to grasp in today's world. But we will also look at functional programming concepts that will make your life much easier.
Once you understand these, you will also be able to understand other object-oriented languages, including Java, PHP, C++, C#, Scala, or Swift. They all use this same basic paradigms.
So get in now to help shape this course and become part of the community inside!
- We will go through all setup you need in order to use Kotlin
- You must be able to install new software on your computer (JDK + IntelliJ), we will go through the actual process inside the course.