Learn to code in Java and improve your programming and problem-solving skills. You will learn to design algorithms as well as develop and debug programs. Using custom open-source classes, you will write programs that access and transform images, websites, and other types of data. At the end of the course you will build a program that determines the popularity of different baby names in the US over time by analyzing comma separated value (CSV) files.
After completing this course you will be able to:
1. Edit, compile, and run a Java program;
2. Use conditionals and loops in a Java program;
3. Use Java API documentation in writing programs.
4. Debug a Java program using the scientific method;
5. Write a Java method to solve a specific problem;
6. Develop a set of test cases as part of developing a program;
7. Create a class with multiple methods that work together to solve a problem; and
8. Use divide-and-conquer design techniques for a program that uses multiple methods.