This course will take the student from A to Z to prepare and pass Cisco's newest CCENT or ICND1 (100-105) certification exam.
It was produced in a simplistic, easy to comprehend manner in order to maximize the students ability to digest, implement and execute the topics; not only in a test environment, but also in real world scenarios.
Please note that the CCENT certification is the first certification needed to advance to other certification within Cisco's CCNA track.
This means that students need to pass the CCENT to continue any other CCNA certification within Cisco. Unless the student is taking Cisco's composite exam.
Please read the "Course Goals" and "Basics" outlined herein, to understand what you should expect of this course and what you are expected to do and have before beginning this course.
The CCENT 100-105 course was produced in a very unorthodox and relaxed manner in order to drill in the topics that Cisco requires to meet their criteria and prepare to pass the certification exam.
I hope that this course meets and exceeds your expectation as a Network student and/or IT Professional.
note that the simulators/emulators used in this course are not part of
the course. It is the students responsibility to have these to practice
The Cisco Packet Tracer & VIRAL (Virtual Internet Routing
Lab) are Cisco proprietary software and can only be obtained through
But students have more options that those. They can create their own lab
with real equipment, get BOSON or GNS3.
It is up to each student to obtain the simulator/emulator of their
choice to study along with this course.
P.S.: Wondering which book(s) I've used for this course?
All these books can be found on AMAZON
- Students will need a simulator/emulator while taking this course in order to practice the labs herein.
- Simulators and/or Emulators for this course are not provided in this course. That is the student's responsibility.
- It is highly recommended that anyone taking this course should also get a CCENT book from their favorite author...making sure it is for the NEW 100-105 certification exam.
- Students starting this course should have a BASIC knowledge of Networks and the terminology used in a Network environment.
- Books used in this course: The CCENT/ICND1 Study Guide by Cisco Press, Sybex CCENT study guide by Todd Lammle & The Only IP Book You Will Ever Need!, by Lazaro J. Diaz