What will you learn?
Draw full body anime characters with basic poses
Use DesignDoll software for creating models with any pose
Draw chibis (miniature characters)
About the course
Ever wanted to learn how to draw anime characters yet don't know where to start? If so, then this is the course for you!
Things to note:
- This is a drawing course only, coloring is not included. I explain the methods I follow in my own drawing style
- You don't need any drawing software/app or tablet, all you need is a paper and a pencil. But you can definitely draw digitally if you prefer that
- The lessons are done on PaintTool Sai just for the sake of explanation, none of the software's features are used
- To get the most of this course, it is a must to apply the lessons and practice drawing continuously!
All lessons cover both male and female characters:
- Facial features
- Head from different views
- Hair with various hairstyles
- Hands and feet
- Body and poses
- Clothes and shoes
- Facial Expressions
- Brief introduction to chibis
- General drawing advices and tips
Welcome to this course! Here are a few points to notebefore you start
Drawing the Face and Head
We will first start with the eye of a female.
Now we will draw the male eye. Similar steps to the female eye with very little difference.
Finally, we will draw closed eyes both upwards and downwards.
- The closed upwards eye is used to indicate smiling.
- The closed downwards eye is used for a sleeping character or one deeply in thought.
Nose and Mouth
We will learn how to draw the very simple nose, in addition to the smiling and laughing mouth.
Girl's Head - Front View
Now we will learn how to draw the face. We will start by drawing the symmetric front view for a girl.
Guy's Head - Front View
And here is the front view for a guy.
We will go back to the earlier-drawn girl face and add hair to it.
Similarly, we will draw the guy's hair.
3/4 View Head
Here we will learn how to draw the face from a different angle, the three-quarter or 3/4 view.We will draw both the girl and guy in this view.
- All you need is a paper, pencil and eraser!
A self-taught freelance Anime illustrator
Udemy courses are suited to professional development. The platform is organized in such a way that it is experts themselves that decide the topic and when the course will start. All supporting documents are made available to you for lifetime access. On this platform, you can find a course on about any subject, and that is no exaggeration – from a tutorial on how to ride a motorcycle, to managing the financial markets. The language and the course format are established by the teacher. This is why it is important to read the information about the course carefully before parting with any money.