How do you create realistic animations? How do you predict the motion of materials? It’s key to the success of animated films to ensure (was insure) audiences believe in characters.
This course will show you how to create lifelike animations focusing on the technical aspects of CGI animation and also give you a glimpse into how studios approach the art of physically-based animation.
You will learn the fundamental concepts of physical simulation, including:
These concepts will be put into practice in the programming assignments spanning:
- Discretizing and integrating Newton’s equations of motion
- Constrained Lagrangian Mechanics
- Collisions, contact, and friction: detection and response
- Continuum mechanics
- Finite elements
- Rigid body simulation
- Thin shell and cloth simulation
- Elastic rod and hair simulation
- Fluid simulation